GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Who we are
Caterbirds is a partnership established since 1980 with address at: Caterbirds Catering Equipment Station Yard Industrial Estate, Oakwell Rd. Castle Douglas, DG7 1LA Nature of work - Catering and Catering equipment Hire
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances. Reasons/purposes for processing information We only request and store data from our customers/enquirers necessary to be able to process your enquiry for our services. We only request and store personal data from our employees necessary to communicate and fulfil legal requirements. We only request and store data from our vendors/suppliers to be able to communicate, trade and fulfil legal requirements. In some occasions we may process personal information to enable us to promote our goods and services. We also process and store date to maintain our accounts and records and to support and manage our staff.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- • Customers' and enquirers' personal details: name/name of business, address, telephone number, email address, date of events when they require our services
- • Staff personal details: name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, NI number
- • Suppliers: name of business, contact names, address, VAT number, telephone number, email address
- • goods or services provided
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about our:
- • employees
- • customers and clients
- • suppliers and services providers
- • complainants and enquirers
How do we process and store this information:
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, with procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons involved with the operation of our website (administration, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies). If you require more information about this, please contact us.
- • Caterbirds is the data controller (we write, manage and delete data as required).
- • For quotations and invoicing for our catering equipment hire we use “Current-RMS” as our Data Processor, which is GDPR compliant. Current-RMS use the following sub-processors: Amazon web Services (server and storage infrastructure), Mailgun Inc. (email services), Intercom Inc. (support management), AppSignal B.V. (Error reporting)
- • Our website contact form collects the information provided by the enquirer, this information is stored securely on our database to be able to provide you with a quote, check past enquiries and contact you on relation to your enquiry.
• Our website also uses:
- SSL, logs,
- Analytics The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior. Google Analytics (Google Inc.) Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data. Place of processing: United States.
Who the information may be shared with We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- • family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- • current, past and prospective employers (employees only)
- • educators and examining bodies (employees only)
- • central government
- • suppliers and service providers
- • debt collection and tracing agencies
- • financial organisations